Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tip for a Tuesday....

Stack 'em up!
Our oldest dog, Dudley, has been acting a bit odd, even for him, the last few weeks.  Last night, he flat out refused to climb the stairs at bedtime.  So the Englishman tucked him up on the couch with a blanket, and the rest of us headed for bed and what we hoped would be a good night's sleep.

It was not to be.

Dudley's bark alerted us that something was amiss.  A quick trip out the back door appeared to be the answer.  But soon after returning to our warm beds, he began to cry.  His distress tugged at our hearts and we took it in turn to sit with him all through the night.

And I don't have to tell most of you that it was extremely cold last night, for man as well as beast.
Thank goodness I keep a stack of blankets on a shelf in the living room.
Wrapping up first Dudley, then myself, our shivering was kept to a minimum.

I was blessed years ago with several blankets my Mom crocheted for my family.  I've always kept them close at hand, whether over the back of the sofa, on a quilt rack or on a shelf.
They have always been most welcome during the cold weather or when one of the kids was sick.
I highly recommend keeping some handy!

Fast forward - after an early morning trip to the vet, it appears Dudley has a problem with his back. While not the best news we've heard lately, it was a far better diagnosis than the ones the Englishman and I feared during the night.
I'm happy to report that this evening he is sleeping soundly. 
Let's hope he stays that way all through the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment