Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Fotos....

This sweet smelling lily attracted the tiniest hummingbird to our yard this week.  He also sampled from the hanging geranium basket and flower boxes in the front of the house.


On my first trip to LBI this summer, Daughter #1 and I treated ourselves to dinner at Howard's Restaurant.  This is their specialty: french fried lobster.  Their portions are more than generous, so there was plenty to take home for the Englishman.






This was last Friday's bountiful and colorful basket of freshly picked veggies from Argos Farm.


And this is a spinach, Gruyère cheese and bacon quiche I made from scratch with the fresh eggs and spinach from the farm. The recipe was courtesy of Mary Berry, an English food writer and television presenter.  I count myself among her vast following of devotees.

Wishing everyone a safe and restful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment