Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday's Wisdom.....

A recent question posed on Facebook asked, "Are there any movies you've seen more than once?"
Why yes, at least a dozen.  The first one that comes to mind - Love Actually.

Recent events in my life had me recalling a particularly poignant scene.  One of the main characters has the misfortune of being hopelessly in love with his best friend's new wife.  After many agonizing months, he chooses Christmas Eve, and a rather unique delivery, to finally confess this to her.

Holding a series of cards, he admits that he believes she is perfect and that he will be in love with her forever, or until she resembles a mummified body.  Oh, and by the way,  "Merry Christmas."

What always strikes me is not the declaration of love, but of his final word as he walks away.
ENOUGH.
He realizes it's time to stop wasting his life while yearning for what he can't have.
Time to just get on with it.

That word has been rolling around my brain for over a week now.
Enough.
Enough with the drama, the broken promises, the shoddy workmanship, the arrogance, the lack of caring, the "patting on the head" and on and on and on.
When I get to that point, I've learned I have to take action.
I need to value myself, and believe firmly I do not have to accept hurtful behavior or poor work.
 I then need to take action, and follow through on it, until I get results.
Enough already!

Because as they used to say in the commercial, 
"I'm worth it."



No comments:

Post a Comment