Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday's Wisdom....

You're never too old to learn....

This morning I made a new discovery on my cell phone.  It has a calculator!  
How handy is that? Who knew?
(Well, I suppose that most IPhone owners knew that and probably discovered it right from the beginning of ownership. )

I've always been a bit of a slow and timid learner when it comes to technology.  When computers first started to come into our home I was afraid that I would break something if I tried anything in the way of exploration on them.  It took years of the Englishman reassuring me that I wouldn't cause damage before I became brave enough to explore the new world of technology beyond the basics.

I often hear people my age or older (especially women) claim that they are "too old" to learn about the new gadgets or "apps" available today.  "Nonsense," I say to them!  And I often repeat the Englishman's assurance that it is perfectly safe to try.  Remember back to when we were learning to drive?  The process was completely overwhelmingly!  But all the angst and hard work necessary to get my license was certainly worth it.  I have found the same holds true for all the new technology.

Yes, I'll admit, it can be humbling to have to ask one of my daughters or the Englishman for help.
But that's OK with me.  The results are more than worth it.
 I've also learned to venture out and try new things on my own.
And I'm happy to report I haven't broken a single computer or phone in doing so.

What I'm really hoping to avoid is asking either my 5 or 3 year old granddaughters for help!
Now that would be very humbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment