Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday's Wisdom....

Ah, people.....

While I enjoy the ability to read the news and keep up with family and friends through the various "tech toys" I own and use daily, I am learning there are some areas I need to stay away from.

Like the "comments" sections, especially under news articles. 

My blood pressure can soar with just a few scans of the often mean, misinformed and just plain ridiculous things people write.  
And not very well, I must say, as a former teacher.  
Are spelling and grammar no longer taught in school?

I recently made the mistake of "commenting" myself on an article.  To my surprise, a woman saw fit to write a long diatribe, attempting to persuade me that her point of view was the correct one. 
I deleted it.

I've learned that I don't need to waste my time or jeopardize my serenity with such dribble.

Far better to just voice my "comments" aloud to the computer or,
 as the Englishman inquired of me yesterday, 
"Are you talking to the television again?"

Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment