Friday, September 23, 2011

And so we begin....

Doesn't it seem like everyone is "blogging" these days?  Two of my three daughters blog, which is a wonderful way to be in touch with them, especially when they post photos.  There are several other blogs that I follow on a daily basis and I find I look forward to each new installment, almost as though checking in with a friend.


Do I have something to contribute to the "blogosphere"?  Who knows?  My hope is to share some of the experiences and wisdom I've garnered over the years.  As they say, "Take what you can use and leave the rest".  At the very least, it might give my daughters some insight into "The Mom" and serve as a reference point for my two granddaughters, and others that may follow, (no pressure girls!) when they grow up.


I am happy to report that as I write peace reigns in the household.  I am currently "babysitting" daughter #1's new puppy and 3 yr old basset hound while she is on a business trip in Europe with my Englishman.  Along with our two basset hounds.  I know - what was I thinking?  Only myself to blame, I volunteered.  It's been 5 full days so far (yes, I am counting) with only two more to go.  Due to the downpour of rain today, I did have to spend a considerable amount of time convincing two of them that no, the rain would not hurt them and it was indeed safe to venture out.  Basset hounds are known for their stubbornness and the boys have not let down their breed this past week.  Truthfully, they are also an absolute joy and very affectionate.  And as someone said, "It could be worse.  Could be four kids under the age of four!"



No comments:

Post a Comment