Monday, September 26, 2011

What a girl wants......

There was much rejoicing and squealing last evening - mainly from the four basset hounds - upon the return of my Englishman and eldest daughter from their European business trip. They were happy to be back in the US and to sit and tell me all about their adventure.  I, on the other hand, was eyeing the bags they brought in and trying to figure out their contents. Then finally, it was time for gifts!

Now most women, I suppose, eagerly look forward to receiving gifts such as French perfume, a "Pippa"bag (English handbag made popular by Pippa Middleton, sister of Kate), silk scarves or jewelry.  Not I.  I was overjoyed when my man presented me with a bag full, literally, of these:


 Ah yes, the Wispa bar.  Made by Cadbury.  After gaining much popularity in the '80's with considerable help from the Englishman and I, they were suddenly pulled from the market during the '90's.  An outcry and online campaign have led, thankfully, to their return.  'Twas a glorious day when I discovered they had returned to store shelves!  If you have never tried one, it is well worth your effort and time.  They are cheaper in the UK at the moment, but I'm not sure you  can justify the cost of airfare and hotel for a few candy bars.  However, they are to be found in the US at some specialty stores and supermarkets.

I would say I would offer you one, but I'm not inclined to share.  Not even with loved ones.  That's why the Englishman and my daughter bought me so many.  Wise people, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment