Friday, September 30, 2011

Before and after.....

Decorating my home has become a real passion since I got married.  I have spent hours pouring over magazines and books since then.  I used to keep an expandable folder with clippings of bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and more. The Internet offers an incredible source of literally thousands of ideas through magazine websites such as Better Homes and Gardens, blogs, and online shopping sites. When I see something I like, I put it in my "photo" album on my computer.  That way I can pull it up any time I want and revisit it.

I've decided to make my Friday posts before and after pictures of rooms or corners of my homes that I have worked on.  Today's pictures are of one of the side entrances to our main home.  I didn't actually change out the doors myself.  I was the "assistant" to my Englishman.  As it turns out, he is extremely talented when it comes to building, repairing, painting, etc.  That didn't come up in the discussions we had while dating, so I felt like it was an extra bonus when we got married!

I am a huge fan of crisp white paint.  I think it can dramatically change the look of a room, especially on molding, baseboards and doors.








The new door lets in so much more light than the previous one.  Though solidly built of wood, the first one just looked too dated - probably from the late '50s or early '60s. This one seems a little more in keeping with the neighborhood.  Now we just have to get some keys made up!

2 comments:

  1. As the aforementioned Englishman I can safely say my "hidden DIY" talents have been tested to the full since we got married. I am very lucky to have the best "assistant" in the world!

    ReplyDelete