Monday, October 29, 2012

"Are you all ready, are you ready.....




get set, are ready get set, are you ready?"

Why yes, yes we are.  As ready as one can be for what is being described as a catastrophic storm.

We have cleared the yard and secured as much as we can.  I must confess I feel just awful looking out at the few birds who are seeking food at the bird feeder, which has now been moved inside for safe keeping.  I hope they will soon huddle together in the bushes surrounding the house.

We were blessed this morning that the rain held off and daughter #1, who had to evacuate her home on Sunday, and I, were able to walk the four basset hounds currently residing under our roof.  Tired dogs make for quiet dogs.  And that's a good thing.

We have stocked up on food, have radios, flashlights and candles at the ready, and plenty of blankets for both two-legged and four-legged occupants.

I've filled both a large bucket and washbasin with water, and washed the clothes, sheets and towels in case we lose power.  Having an electric stove, we have already hard boiled some eggs and lined the cupboards with items which do not require cooking.

One of my big concerns, should we lose power, is not being able to make coffee.  Daughter #2 assures me her generator will be able to accommodate a coffee maker should the need arise.  That information has given me much needed piece of mind.

Thoughts and prayers for us all for safe passage through this storm.  May we all fare well and be of help to those who need us.  

God Bless all the police, firefighters, and first responders who will be working tirelessly to keep us all safe.  Bless also the families they leave behind to cope on their own.

And as the check-out lady in the supermarket said to me as I left yesterday,
"This too shall pass."

2 comments: