Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Fitness!



Friday Fitness time has come around again, as I connect with daughter #2's blog, Mommy Musings.

As you can see, I did stick to my plan and purchased a pedometer - for less than ten dollars!  I didn't want all the bells and whistles so to speak, just something to give me a rough idea of how many steps I am taking each day.  

I'm happy to report it is working exactly as I hoped.  It motivates me to push along just that wee bit more on some days, while on others, it surprises me how far I've actually walked.  Maybe not "all the way to China" as they used to say, but far beyond the recommended ten thousand steps.  So in that respect, "mission accomplished".  

At this stage of my life, I know it isn't realistic to think I will suddenly take up running or cut my calorie intake in half.  I am, however, working on baby steps.  I've said no to a few desserts and asked for smaller portions.  I didn't have the cold shrimp at lunch yesterday, which I love, due to my cholesterol levels and the doctor's urging to lower that.  

I'm trying by making small changes and sticking with them.  Reminding myself that I'm doing the best I can, for right now.  Knowing I will be writing about my efforts every other Friday is a wonderful motivator.  I'm so glad my daughter invited me to do this!
Photobucket

Click above and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment