Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....

Change with the seasons and decorate....

It might be the Teacher in me, but ever since I married and started setting up a home, I've "decorated" for the change in seasons and all holidays.  I enjoy hanging tiny lights, changing out dishtowels, bathroom towels and tablecloths, and switching things around. Masking tape makes it easy to hang cardboard pictures, such as Snoopy dressed as Santa or Scarecrows and pumpkins on doors and walls.

A few examples currently in my kitchen .....



My "Muffy Bear" is sporting a cat costume, as she sits atop my stack of bowls on the windowsill.  I wonder if M will find her....

My sources?  Craft fairs, supermarkets (paper goods section) and "dollar" stores.  I find I don't have to spend a lot to make even a few minor changes. 

While I am pleased that my girls, and even the Englishman, always seem to notice and enjoy the changes, the truth is that I really do it for me.  And I've learned that is reason enough to take the time to do it.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment