Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!



To my handsome Dad, for loving me and supporting me, and driving me to the Tuesday night ballet class, even when "Combat" was on and you knew you would miss part of the episode.




To the Englishman, who turned out to be the most amazing father - so loving, patient and supportive.  And I thought that fact that he looked like "Prince Charming" would be enough!  



My Dad was the first man I ever loved.  My husband will be the last.

I am most sincere when I say I have been truly blessed by these men in my life.  They have made it a life far better than I could have dreamed for myself.

I miss the first one, still, after all these years.  But I feel he is with me.  Thanks for sending the cardinal to the bird feeder today, Dad, as "a sign".

The Englishman is not only my husband, but my best friend, and has been a true partner in the raising of our daughters and the continuing support of them. The girls have always felt lucky he was their Dad.



(photo courtesy of daughter #2.  check out her blog, "Mommy Musings" on the right)

And Happy Father's Day to my Son-in-Law.
S is an incredible Dad!  He has been involved in every aspect of his little girls lives since they were born.  What a joy it is for the Englishman and I to watch him with our granddaughters, to see their faces light up when they see him and to hear their non-stop giggles as they play.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.  May you know how much you are remembered, loved and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment