Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....a

Sew what?

Packing a "go" bag for a myriad of anticipated events has become almost second nature to me.  It began decades ago with diaper bags for short outings and trips to Grandma's. It then grew to include "going to the beach" bags, and lately, a "going to the hospital" bag for trips with my mother.  A "wedding emergency" bag seemed in order, so I packed one last week.

Included in the wedding go bag were: blank place cards with black pen, box of Kleenex for the anticipated tears, safety pins, animal cookies (4 boxes), table seating list, lint brush, scotch tape, movies on old iPhone for Miss M, a sweater, aspirin, and a spare camera for the Englishman.  I thought I had all the bases covered as they say, and then some.

I placed all the items in a canvas bag daughter #2 gave me for Mother's Day.  It has a picture of my sweet granddaughters, making it easy to spot and not likely to be picked up by mistake by anyone else.

What was I missing?  A needle and thread.  What was the one item we suddenly needed before the ceremony?  A needle and thread. 

I thought the scotch tape would be a good substitute.  When I suggested that, I was quickly told "no".  The tiny pins I handed to one of the girls were not adequate for the task.  Now what?

Thankfully, daughter #1 searched through her enormous bag and came up with what was needed.  She sewed a few stitches here and there, and we were back in business.

I'm sure you've guessed by now what my tip is: ALWAYS carry a spare needle with a small packet of thread.

Do you think they would have used duct tape if I had offered that?  Probably not.

2 comments:

  1. Nope...but so thankful for daughter #1 and her sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally speaking I would have used staples. They would not come apart. A little painful but effective.

    ReplyDelete