Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....


Wrap It Up !


Looking to wrap a large or awkward gift?  I highly recommend - plastic tablecloths.


Yes, tablecloths.  They are available in the "Dollar Stores" for only $1 and come in a variety of colors and shapes.  Supermarkets also carry them in their party or paper goods sections.




I purchased two rather large prints for the Englishman for Father's Day, several weeks ago.  After handing over my credit card, the woman in the shop offered to gift wrap them for me.  When I said I would do it myself, her sigh of relief was both loud and heartfelt.  Instead, she put plain brown paper around each of the prints.  As she struggled to seal them up with scotch tape, her co-worker came to her assistance and recommended the ever popular duct tape.  It worked a like a charm.  

The cost of wrapping paper theses days is nearly equal to what my mother used to spend on shoes for me, so I was trying to find a creative, less-expensive way to present my offering to the Englishman.  And then it hit me - tablecloths!  As it happened, I was right next to a Dollar Store when the thought struck.  In I went, found two navy blue tablecloths, two large red bows and "Bob's your uncle" as they say in England, I had the means to wrap these wonderful gifts.


Plastic cuts easily, folds nicely and can be reused.  (That should make all the "Green" people happy.)

Whether for birthdays, graduation or the holidays, a few extra plastic tablecloths in the closet can be the easy answer when trying to figure out, "How do I wrap THIS ?"


No comments:

Post a Comment