Wednesday, June 20, 2012

We're havin a heat wave....


Good Lord, it's hot!  It isn't even the temperature so much as the humidity.  The Basset Boys and I took it slow this morning on our daily walk, seeking shade at every turn. I wasn't surprised to find Dudley panting as we went along, but when Bentley, who isn't often bothered by it, started to drool, I knew we would have to keep it a short one.

This photo below was posted this morning on Facebook by daughter #2, whose husband served with the Marines in Iraq.  It immediately placed me in a mind frame of gratitude - grateful for our military personnel and grateful I'm not living in a war zone.


So, yes, it is hot.  But how blessed am I to be able to stay indoors, with window air conditioner units.  To not have to work outside in the yard, squeeze into the last car of the commuter trolley in Boston, or be in charge of fifteen whiny nine years old at day camp, but can pace myself in order to stay cool.  All good things.

The weather forecast for the family wedding on Sunday looks to be manageable - sunny, around 84 degrees.  No matter the weather, we all intend to celebrate the union of these two wonderful people and have a terrific time.  Isn't that really what it's all about?

*If you enjoy reading this blog, but sometimes forget to check in, you can sign up to have each new post emailed to you.  Fill in the box marked "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" with your address and it will be sent automatically.  I know it works - I signed myself up just to check it!  Also, if you are feeling brave, please sign up to be a "member".  It makes me feel good to know there are several of you out there following along. Thanks so much for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment