Monday, April 29, 2013

A Monday memory....

Anyone remember these?

I saw a similar photo last week and was surprised by the clear, strong memory it evoked.
I suddenly felt like I was back in a moment in time, standing on my parent's driveway, watching my Dad.  He had a case just like this, filled with keys.  After getting out of the car, my Dad would flip the ignition key back into the case so he could snap it shut. I must have watched him do that a hundred times or more.

After years of being carried in his back pants pocket it would start to look more like this.


We would be grateful to see it eventually wear because it meant we might actually have something we could buy him for Christmas or his birthday.  The man was impossible to buy for!

Funny, isn't it, how the sight of some of the most innocuous everyday items can propel you back to your youth.  And how swiftly that ache of missing someone you love can rise back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment