Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....

Keep it simple ....

Sometimes I'll have grand ideas about things I want to do or projects I want to take on.  Which is all well and good.  But most days "grand ideas" can get lost among the ever growing lists of "must - do" that crop up through out the day.  And the fact is I'm not being very realistic about what I actually can start and finish.

So I've tried to scale back a bit on my plans and ask myself what a simpler version of my vision might be.  For instance - I've wanted to send a package to one of my nephews who is finishing up his last semester at college.  Nice thought, but so far it hasn't happened.  Solution?  Knowing full well I was not going to be able to get the items I wanted today or anytime soon, instead I picked up a Starbucks gift card and sent it off in a card with a short message.  Not as much fun as a package, perhaps, but at least I put something in the mail instead of just writing reminders on my to do list.

Simple. Quick. Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment