Monday, July 22, 2013

A Monday memory....


It's a boy!

"Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm today."

Wonderful news!
Have been watching and waiting since I woke this morning, listening to BBC radio and frequently checking various social media outlets.
(My thoughts were not only with the expectant mother, but with her parents, and mother in particular.  I know from experience what an anxious time it is when one's daughter is in labor!)

I recall rising well before dawn, with my own first baby, to watch the wedding of the new heir's grandparents.  The spectacular events of that day were well worth my loss of sleep.

The birth of their first son, William, was greeted with much excitement world-wide.  His mother, Princess Diana, appeared exhausted but delighted when she exited the hospital the following day with Prince Charles beside her.

Another historic and truly happy occasion in British history.
(I certainly hope the young couple will be given a few moments peace before the press start to speculate on when a possible "spare" will be born to join the new "heir.")




No comments:

Post a Comment