Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tip for a Tuesday....



For those of you not familiar with Pinterest:

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pinterest is a pinboard-style photo-sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, and hobbies. Users can browse other pinboards for images, "re-pin" images to their own pinboards, or "like" photos."
For those of you who are "pinners" I discovered a useful tool today.  I noticed in my email box this morning, among the dozens of notices from Pinterest, that a "sketchy" person was now "following" me.  At first I thought it best to just delete the email, but then I checked and realized that didn't prevent the person from "following" me.  Not wanting to have them anywhere on my boards, I looked for help at the top of my Pinterest board and clicked on the word "About."  From there I scrolled down to the "Help Center."  After typing in my question and following some simple directions, I discovered these simple directions to block someone:
"Go to his/her profile
Click the flag to the right of their profile info
Click Block
Confirm that you want to block the person"
You can also report objectionable content, people, or comments - which I did after blocking them.
I like having the ability myself to control who follows me and who I follow.
Another "easy peasy" solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment