Friday, August 24, 2012

People......



ATTENTION.  EVERYONE.

IF YOU ARE DRIVING ON THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY.

OR ANY HIGHWAY.

OR LOCALLY.

I have a few, simple requests:

1. STOP TAILGATING.

2. PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE.

3. USE THE LEVER ON THE LEFT OF YOUR STEERING WHEEL.  IT'S CALLED AN "INDICATOR".  IT TELLS THE OTHER DRIVERS YOU INTEND TO SWITCH LANES.

4.  IF YOU WANT TO PASS ME USE THE LEFT LANE.

Thanks.  I needed to say that.  Out loud.  To someone.  To anyone.

I'm not asking for much here.  Would really appreciate people following the rules.  Or laws, actually.

When I (the Englishman still has a British license, so it was all me!) was instructing my three daughters on how to drive, I wasn't afraid they would have accidents because of their own driving skills or lack thereof.
I frequently pointed out to them that it was the other drivers on the road I was worried about.
And that they should be too.

My Dad taught me to drive defensively.  Wise words.  Even more important these days.

Sorry to be a complainer today.  End of rant.  

We now return to our previously scheduled program, already in progress....

On a positive note, I was able to fill to overflowing my Grandmom's heart with love thanks to tons of hugs from these two precious girls when I returned home.



*Photos courtesy of daughter #2

Made the harrowing drive up the parkway totally worthwhile! Nothing greater in this world than "the Grands"!

Have a lovely weekend all!  Be safe out there on the roadways!

No comments:

Post a Comment