Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Runs in the family....


In scanning through some photos I have in my IPhoto folder, I came across this one of my Dad.  It must have been taken around 1920 or so.  The story he told over the years was that there had been a photographer across the street from his apartment in Brooklyn, offering to take your picture for a small fee.  And my Dad, strong willed little boy that he was, wanted very much to have his photo taken.  Despite being told repeatedly by his mother that he could not, he managed to find his way across the street, atop the pony and in a photo.  Looks quite proud of himself, doesn't he?  His mother, however, was not amused.

Fast forward over the years, and to the latest family photo, taken yesterday. Here is Little Miss, the great-granddaughter, also atop a pony.  Her reason?  It's all about the horses and the pure love she has for them.



Goodness, isn't the resemblance in their smiles striking!

No comments:

Post a Comment