Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursady's Thought for the Day....

" I wanted a perfect ending.  Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
                                                                                 Gilda Radner


The "not knowing" was what I struggled with for years.  My mother would ask,  "and what would you do if you did know?" when I would moan about the fear and uncertainty of the future. My response was generally, " I would probably just stay in bed!".

Certainly not an option or solution to "fear of the unknown".  The wisdom that comes with age (and wrinkles) is that it is all about how I look at things. Staying in bed might have kept me safe from the trials but it would have robbed me of all the joys too.  And there have been far more joys during my lifetime than trials and tribulations.

Gilda Radner, quoted above, was a talented comedian who died at the very young age of forty two from ovarian cancer.  The characters she portrayed on the television series Saturday Night Live are classic. She also wrote a book titled, It's Always Something.  I think just about every woman I know can identify with that sentiment!  For those of you not familiar with her work, Gilda is most certainly worth searching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment