Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday's Thought for the Day....

"Routine, Sweeties ~ this is the key to health, wealth and Vintage Housekeeping..."
                                                                                      ~ Alison May, Brocante Home
                                                                       

This quote can be found in Alison May's book, Scrumptious Treats For Vintage Housekeepers,  Kindle edition, on Amazon.  Surfing the net several years ago, I came across Alison's website called Brocante Home.  Alison lives in England and has the most wonderful approach to art of housekeeping, elevating it to a level that gives it the importance it deserves, while at the same time offering concrete ways to make it a more lovely experience.

Scroll down to "My Blog List" and you can get to her site by clicking on the link on the right hand side.  Peruse her many pages and check out her store.  I've purchased several of her downloads and refer to them often.  Other than being women, we truly have nothing in common, yet I find myself constantly nodding and saying "exactly" as I read her posts. It's like having a cup of tea with a friend.

And yes, I heartily agree with her comment about "routine".  I have found having a routine takes the "thinking" out of so many tasks and leaves room in my stress filled head for the things I really need to think on.  It works for children at home, students in school, elderly parents, and on and on.  I highly recommend it!

Pssst...Alison mentioned on twitter that she is offering a 25% discount on her downloads during the month of August.  Just type in "BREATHE" if you make a purchase in BrocanteHome store.  Hurry - prayers have been answered and the month of August, with its hellish heat and humidity, will be concluding in two days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment