Monday, March 17, 2014

A Monday Memory....

For as long as I can remember, St. Patrick's Day would officially begin for me when my mother would say, 

                      "Top o' the morning to ya .....  
                                                  and I would reply, as she taught me, 
                                                                                       "and the rest of the day to yourself."

Today is the first of many St. Patrick's Days without her and I am missing her terribly.  When the Englishman suggested I bake an apple pie for tonight's dessert I thought it was very appropriate, since I associate apple pie with my mother.  


And because I could use a smile, I'm reposting a couple of pictures from last year's St. Patrick's Day,
with C - my youngest wee Irish darling.



To all who celebrate St. Patrick's and to all those who don't....






No comments:

Post a Comment