Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Fotos....

Another day, another decade....


Last week I celebrated a birthday.  One of those "milestone" kind of birthdays.  
To be completely honest, I was not happy about it.

Having the Englishman and all my girls come together to be with me 
made it all worthwhile, however.

Daughter #3 took on the task of "cake maker" and produced the incredibly wonderful scene above.
I can't begin to tell you how precious this was to me.

At first I smiled at the adorable presentation.  Then I quickly burst into tears as my eyes were drawn first to the photo of my Dad and I, then my Mother and I and on and on.
(At that point, the girls all cheered.  If they make me cry happy tears, they consider it a success!)

It was a bit like "This is Your Life" right before my eyes.
And again, if I'm honest,  it's been a truly blessed life, as shown in these photographs.

So I'm not going to count the years any more but rather the happy moments 
and the number of people I love and who so generously love me back.

So by that calculation, I am hundreds of years old - and that's just fine by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment