Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday's Thought for the Day....

"Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago?  How did they work out?
Didn't you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them?  Didn't most of them turn out all right after all?"   ~ Dale Carnegie   
                         When I was a young woman and struggling with a problem, my Dad would sit me down to talk it through.  He would question what it was exactly that I was worried about.  He would  ask me to recall any similar situations I had been through previously.  And then he would ask, "And what was the end of that story?"  Usually, to my surprise, I would be reminded and admit that it all turned out just fine or far better than I had imagined.  At which point, my Dad would give me one of his famous grins.

Most of what I worry about never happens.  And even if it does, I've gotten through it.  
Something to keep in mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment