Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday's wisdom....

Some random thoughts....

With Nat King Cole serenading me in the background from my record player, I've spent the morning reading various sources on the computer and a few things come to mind.

1. New beginnings can start in the middle of a week and at any time of the day - we don't have to wait for "Monday morning" to make changes.

2. If you observe the season of Lent, Fr. Jonathan Morris suggests we make changes which incorporate our minds, body and soul.  And if we "give up" something during these forty days of preparation,  we should add something positive in its place. His practical suggestions are actually helpful if you simply want to improve yourself.
If you are interested, here is the link:
(http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christophers/2014/03/video-father-jonathan-morris-issues-a-lenten-challenge/)  

3. You can never laugh too much!  I stopped by Susan Branch's blog earlier and immediately started to laugh. It felt so good!  The link is on the right hand side of this page under "My Blog List" - Susan Branch Blog.

4. There are so many truly wonderful people in the world, whose stories are shared by friends through Facebook posts, blog posts and email "Forwards".  In fact, the vast number of good stories can fill enough of my time that I have no need to read the bad ones.  Life is short - I can choose what I spend my time on and it should always be on the positive.

5.  Some things do hold up with time - songs like "Our Love Is Here To Stay,  Sentimental Reasons, and Unforgettable" as only Nat can sing them.  It's been lovely to go back and remember.

While walking one of the Basset Boys after lunch, we came upon several robins sitting on the branches of smaller trees and bushes.  Gives me hope that Spring may be on it's way soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment