Monday, March 31, 2014

A Monday Memory....

The Englishman and I were driving home on the parkway this afternoon when we came upon small truck in the right hand lane.  As we passed, I noticed the lettering on the side - Bosco.

Wow, I realized, I haven't thought about that chocolaty syrup for ages!  A friend of mine, when we were in high school, absolutely loved that stuff - he would reach into the fridge, grab the bottle and just drink it down.  And heaven help anyone who tried to take it away from him!
Not me - I was a "COCOA MARSH" devotee, starting way back in the early 1960's.  
The jar used to come with a "secret prize" in the cap - 
like plastic charms or tiddly winks.









There was a pump top we used to place inside which made it so much easier to put into a cold glass of milk or layer atop several scoops of vanilla ice cream. 
(and yes, I confess, sometimes it went straight into my mouth.)

It's good to recall some of the simple pleasures from a lifetime ago. I find it a comfort to know that some of them still exist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment