Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tip for a Tuesday....

Bake Your Own Dog Biscuits
Are you concerned about your dog's health and what they might be ingesting
 every time you give them a treat?

I am - so I've started baking dog biscuits for our Basset Boys.
Family members who also have four legged loved ones under their roof have been discussing this for some time.  When I investigated what exactly was involved, I was surprised at how simple the process actually is.

At their suggestion, I checked out Cesar Milan's website and found a section which listed several recipes and suggestions for homemade dog treats:
http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/dog-nutrition/Recipe-Ideas-for-Quick-and-Healthy-Homemade-Dog-Treats
I've been using the "Basic Dog Biscuit" recipe and adding shredded cheddar cheese.

Not only are they "easy peasy" to make, the boys absolutely LOVE them!!!


**After a making a few batches, I have found that using the dough hook on our Kitchen Aid mixer makes the process much easier than mixing and kneading by hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment