Sunday, February 26, 2012

How sweet.....

This weekend finds me deep inside the caverns of my kitchen pantry and cabinets.  I am in the process of weeding out, keeping only that which is useful and a pleasure to look at.  Reaching far back into the glass cabinet I came out with this:


Long ago, when we were first married, the Englishman would find himself having meetings after a very busy day of work, which meant he wouldn't arrive home until long after I had gone to bed.  He felt particularly bad about not being home during weeknights, especially after our first daughter was born.  So one night he decided to bring me home a little gift.

While out to dinner in the city, the Englishman ordered my favorite dessert - chocolate mousse.  They brought it out to him in the above glass.  He wasn't quite sure if he could manage to get it home to me without spilling it, but discovered that if he balanced it just so on the center console of his little MG.......

When he crept in that night, he woke with me with the proud announcement that he had indeed managed to bring me dessert, unscathed.  It was such a sweet gesture, and such a sweet treat!  You know, I suspect that may have confirmed even more firmly that he was indeed "a keeper"!



No comments:

Post a Comment