Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's thought for the day....

“Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”
                                    St. Francis de Sales
                                    Patron Saint of Writers and Journalists


I was just saying to the Englishman yesterday that it has been so nice for me lately to no longer be rushing about, trying to do twelve things at once and feeling as though I am merely treading water.  While looking after my mother and her affairs the last several years, I have had to do things very quickly and often on the spur of the moment.  Since handing that responsibility over to my sister last September, I have found a freedom and a peace I wasn't aware I had lost.
By slowing down, doing one thing at a time, keeping one thought at a time and just being - my day, my home, my life,  have improved dramatically.  If you are able to do it, I highly recommend it.

1 comment: