Monday, February 6, 2012

Old Habits Die Hard


For a woman of my age and generation, I think I do a pretty good job of navigating my way around the computer. In addition to my own attempts, I truly appreciate that the Englishman quietly suggests different apps and tools I can use to make life easier and takes the time to show me how it can be done.  But there are some "old fashioned" ways of doing things I just can't seem to let go of.  Using a calendar is one of them.

Perhaps it's the teacher in me, but I like the idea of being able to glance at a calendar to see what the day may bring or might be upcoming in the weeks ahead.  Clicking on the calendar icon on my computer, inputting the information, making note of whether or not I want a "reminder", seems not only tedious to me, but just doesn't feel right somehow.

So I hearkened back to my days as Miss Teacher Lady, and ordered a Susan Branch desk calendar, similar to the ones I used in my classroom.  It arrived this morning and I am a happy camper once more.  I can jot down upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, the Englishman's business trips, and on and on.  I can even "doodle" on it, as I have been known to do, while on the phone or just wasting time.

And the bonus of waiting so long to decide to order?  The calendar was on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment