Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting crafty....

When I was growing up, it seemed as though each child in our family was found to have a talent.  One talent per child, and consciously or unconsciously, those talents were not to be shared. I don't know if this was true in other families.  My talent?  Ballet dancing.  Well, dancing of any kind really.  My brother was the scientist and my sister, the artist.  Science and I are about as compatible as Math and I, so no problem there for my brother.  And I didn't think I had a creative bone in my body, so I was never a threat to my sister's talent. Clearly the stick figure drawings I came up with were not artist material.

Now that I'm much too old to pursue my dream of being a Prima ballerina, I thought I would try and see if I could be a little more creative in my spare time.  I'm starting small. No sense damaging my ego too badly at the moment.  So last night I finally tackled painting a step stool I purchased at Michael's for my granddaughter.  It's for me too, actually, since some days she seems awfully heavy when I try to lift her up to wash her hands at our bathroom sink.

You know how you can have an idea in your head about how you want something to look, but it rarely turns out that way?  The angels must have been smiling down on me last night because I have to say that the step stool turned out exactly as I hoped it would.


Not bad, right?  Now for my next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment