Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday's thought for the day....

"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."


                                                            St. Francis De Sales


Flipping through my "quotes" notebooks this afternoon, this particular one jumped out at me and said "Oh, you so need this today!"   Yes.  I do.  I have found myself picking up speed lately as I go through my days.  It's an uncomfortable feeling, that rushing and constantly looking to see what needs to be done next.

A friend advised me this morning, gently, to calm down and relax.  Take it easy.   Wise woman.  I needed to hear those words.

I had so much to do this morning that I feared none of it would get done.  But it did.  One thing at a time and all has been accomplished.  Good reminder that I don't need to hurry. If it's important, I will get to it.  If not, I let it go.

I plan to take a deep breath now and ready myself for the rest of the day.  The Englishman, daughter #1 and I are leaving for the airport later for a long weekend in Germany.  Flying is not my most favorite thing to do, so some inner peace and a calm spirit is what's called for.  A good magazine to read would be nice too!

This weekend will be a good test of my computer skills.  I have a few blog posts in waiting and hope to be able to post them from long distance.  If I can't, I will be posting again on Monday.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment