Monday, March 19, 2012

What a difference a day can make......

This morning I was reminded of the value of simply waiting.  Waiting to see if things change, waiting to see if I feel differently after a good (or not so good) night's sleep, waiting for the winds to shift.

Finally got my hair cut and colored last Thursday.  When the stylist had finished, I smiled my usual smile and said, "That looks great - thank you!".  But when I got home, and for the next couple of days, I was fairly unhappy with the results.  Whenever I looked in the mirror I wondered who the stranger was staring back at me.

But this morning, I don't know if I held the brush and hairdryer in a new way or it's Monday or what, but I looked like me again.  And I have to say I really like the cut she gave me.  I asked for more layers so it would have more lift and that's exactly what S gave me.

Good reminder.  If you don't like what's happening - wait.  Things may just look differently tomorrow.

1 comment: