Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday's thought for the day....

"We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us."
                                                                                              ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery


I've learned that nothing in life is wasted if I can learn from it.  But taking the feeling of failure or regret, and reliving it over and over, can cause me the greatest harm and serves no useful purpose whatsoever.


These days, not only am I clearing out closets, cupboards and drawers, I am also letting go of the negative debris I have accumulated in my head.  It takes up too much of the space I would rather fill with joy!


Not familiar with Lucy Maud Montgomery?  She was a Canadian author best known for  a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables.  If you've never read them or seen the series I urge you to seek them both out.  The stories are delightful and an insight into life on Prince Edward Island in the late 1800's. I have spent many happy hours both as a mother and a teacher in sharing these timeless tales. Treat yourself to a wonderful escape through the works of Lucy Maud Montgomery.

1 comment: