Friday, April 13, 2012

Before and after.....

This was the view looking into the kitchen when we first saw our house by the bay.




And here is the kitchen after Easter weekend, when, at my suggestion, the Englishman took down three top cabinets and removed half the wall.  I should mention that he did it all on his own.  He was supposed to wait for me to help him.  When I mentioned that, he simply grinned and said "It was easy".



It really opens up the space and lets in a lot more light from the sliding doors to the right.  The Englishman is going to bring the wall down even with the counter top next time we are there.  Now I need to decide if I want to keep all the remaining upper cabinets, some of the cabinets, or put up all shelves.  I'm collecting lots of photos via pinterest to help me with that decision.

Thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment