Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday's thought for the day....

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more
               and the getting it done a little less."

                                     Anna Quindlen


I have been working in "the garden" as the English say, as opposed to "the backyard" as we called it in my neighborhood.  I can safely state that I have finally reach the age where I do "treasure" the process of what I am working on as much as the finished product.  The Englishman seems skeptical at times that I am in fact enjoying myself while out there. Again today I donned my overalls and rubber boots, spending an hour by the side of the driveway clearing out pine needles, branches and fallen leaves.  The results of my hard work are very satisfying, and will make getting in and out of our vehicles that much easier.

Realizing that there is something to be enjoyed about "the doing" is making it so much easier to actually begin working on various projects.  At least for most tasks.  Hard to get excited about washing floors.  But I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment