Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Foto....


How adorable is M, riding on her new pony!

This is, in fact, a rocking horse which I purchased for "the nursery" when the Englishman and I were starting a family of our own.  It's been sitting in the loft (aka attic) since we moved into our current home. 

The horse's mane and tail had seen better days, so the Englishman and I set about restoring it for the next generation.  My solution for the ragged looking hair was to purchase a cotton mop replacement.  Between the two of us, we snipped, unraveled, and cut the mop into usable pieces.  The Englishman screwed it in securely, then reset several screws on the horses' body to assure a safe ride for the Grands.  Here's another look at our handiwork:


We are really pleased with how it turned out.  And looking at Little Miss' face, I think she is too!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment