Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday's Thought for the Day....


"The only real failure is the failure to try, and the real measure of success is how we cope with disappointment, as we must.  It doesn't matter if we feel that we're too old, too scared and disappointed...we get up in the morning.  We do our best.  Nothing else matters."

                                                      "Evelyn" - writing in her blog
                                                      The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


My sweet and thoughtful Englishman purchased this film for me yesterday on iTunes, remembering how much I enjoyed it when we saw it together in the theater.  Even better, he put it on last night so I could settle in and watch it right away.

And this time, I took notes. As I wished I could have the first time I viewed it.  Portions of the film's dialogue really touched my heart and need to be recalled, over and over.  

There is so much in just this quote alone - about success and failure.  And about doing our best.  That should count for something.  When we do the best that we can, with who we are and what we have to work with.

Try.  Cope.  Do your best.

Wonderful advice - so important to remember.

(and important to see this film!)

No comments:

Post a Comment