Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday's Thought for the Day....




“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” 



I didn't discover "Anne" until I had my daughters.  I came upon the work of L.M. Montgomery through the films first, then sought out her books. The girls and I would listen to the books on tape while driving up and down the Parkway during the summertime. And the soundtrack to the original film is one of the most soothing pieces of music I've ever heard.

There was a series produced called Road to Avonlea, created by Kevin Sullivan, based on the L.M. Montgomery books.  I used to let my class watch it on rainy days at lunchtime.  They absolutely loved it.  I noticed that even the Eighth Grade students, the boys as well as the girls, who would monitor them in the classroom would get caught up in the stories, hoping for a string of rainy days so they could see it in its entirety.

If you are not acquainted with Anne of Green Gables or any of the other numerous books by L.M. Montgomery, I highly recommend that you seek them out.  The vivid imagination, high-spiritedness and pure joy that is "Anne Shirley" is treat not to be missed, whether you are a young woman or a Grandmom like me.

And yes, I too, am so very glad I live in a world where there are Octobers, my favorite month of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment