Monday, September 10, 2012

When in Rome....


or in this case, the "retirement house", the Englishman flies the flags to show we are "in residence" so to speak, as they do for the Queen in England.

As you can see, it is a gorgeous day here today.

I am thrilled to report that M's first day of school went well.  Her Mommy has posted a video of her and photos to mark the occasion.  You can check it out by clicking on her blog, on the lower right hand side at "Mommy Musings".

And yes, as her Grandmom, I held my breath all morning and was often close to tears, so I am relieved that it was a good morning, both for M and for my middle daughter.
You never really stop being a Mom either, even when they are old enough to be sending their own off to school, so it was doubly tough this a.m.  

Think I better go shopping now to recuperate....

2 comments:

  1. Oh by the way. Also doubly tough on "The Englishman" - a Dad's job is never done either.

    ReplyDelete