Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday's Wisdom...

Been racking my brain for several days in anticipation of today's blog and my new theme about sharing  what I've learned after many decades.  Nothing seemed to be coming easily, but one thought that kept rattling around was about "routine".

As a child growing up, as a student, a mother, homemaker and as a teacher, I have always felt a  a sense of security in following a routine of sorts.  I like lists and crossing things off, and marking calendars to let me know when things are occurring.  I like knowing what is going to happen, for the most part, on any given day. Keeping to a routine, or schedule, frees my mind up for the inevitable surprises that life seems to throw at me.

Doing things the same way or at the same time almost makes me feel as though all is right with the world.  At least with mine, anyway.

Having varied from my "routine" this past summer, due to dealing with my constant cough and traveling back and forth between houses, I am now working very hard to reestablish my regular set of tasks.  I've already written out several lists, now lined up on my desk.  The calendar is filling up and I'm back to laundry on Monday, dusting and tidying on Tuesday, etc.

Of course, having Little Miss visit with the Englishman and I every Sunday is the most wonderful routine of all!


No comments:

Post a Comment