Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....


Recently, I've come across several sources such as Pinterest and websites like Good Housekeeping, all touting the the wondrous virtue of Borax.  I was curious what the fuss was all about and sought out a box, finally locating one in the supermarket.  

Glancing quickly at the information on the back of the carton, I noted something about hard water and laundry.  That's for me, I thought.  I've been most unhappy with the state of my laundry recently, especially the sheets.  Despite hot water, bleach, and a change in detergent, they seem to have an odd feel and a tinge of yellow.  

Well no more!  After adding a half cup of Borax, they are much whiter and feel cleaner.  I'm sold!  From here on in - Borax added to every wash load.

If you live in a hard water area as I do, consider picking up a box.  There is also detailed information on the back as to how this product can be used for cleaning all manner of things as well.  Why, it can even be useful in warding off ants.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment