Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Tip for a Tuesday....

Moisturize!

In light of yesterday's post concerning my skin problems, I thought I would share the names of some of the products that I have found to be beneficial.

I am not a spokesperson for any of these companies.  I simply want to pass on what has worked for me, in hopes it might help someone else.

Top of my list at the moment?  Dermalogica.

I was first introduced to these products a year ago while receiving a facial at a local spa, courtesy of a gift card from the Englishman.  The woman there suggested I use Dermalogica's calming cleanser and medium weight moisturizer.  Both worked very well for me.  But my recent problems clearly indicated I needed something more.  So I purchased the "ultra calming kit" pictured above left.  It contains a cleanser, mist, masque (still in the box), calming serum and barrier repair.  I've been using the products for nearly a week now and it has worked wonders!  There is still some dryness and pulling, but the redness has dissipated and I no longer resemble a prize fighter.

There are several things I like about this product line:
Their products do not contain lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colors and fragrances.
They offer travel sizes of most products.
There are "kits" available, so you can try small sizes before making a full commitment.

Other product lines I have used in the past include: Lancôme, Olay (Regenerist), Clinique and Estée Lauder.  Severely dry skin? I also had great success for a time with acid mantle cream and Shikai Borage Dry Skin Therapy, both found in drugstores.  On a tight budget?  St.Ives Timeless Skin, recommended by Dr. Oz, is the product I currently slather on my neck, which is not as sensitive as my face.

As I described yesterday, I have a unique situation with the skin on my face due to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns I sustained as a teen.  Unfortunately, my skin seems to build up a tolerance for some of the products I use, so I then need to go in search of something new.

For me, it is very important to do my research and carefully read the label of ingredients for the products I use. Moisturizing twice a day, without fail, is imperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment