Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom.....

"Let the sun shine.  Let the sun shine in........"

The last several days have not been easy ones for me. Various reasons.
But this morning, I started to feel just a tad bit better.  
Why the change, I thought, as I was washing up the breakfast dishes.

Answer: The sunshine!

After several gloomy days the sun made a strong appearance first thing this morning.  
It filled my kitchen through the large corner windows by the sink and the bay window next to our table and chairs.

It struck me, once again (because I have the memory of a goldfish at the moment) that I need light.
Sunlight.   Bright white bulb light.   Firelight.
I need to have light around me during the day.
It lifts my spirit and makes me feel hopeful.

During the so-called "energy crisis" of the '70's, we were admonished to turn off all but essential lighting in our homes.  The campaign obviously worked on me for I still have trouble putting more than one light on in a room.  But today I decided that I do my bit in numerous other ways to "save the planet" so I am going to turn several lights on during the dark and dreary days which seem to hover over the East Coast lately.

In the meantime, fingers crossed that talk of yet another storm next week turns out to be incorrect.
Come on Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment