Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday's Thought for the Day....



“You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” 


Son-in-Law #1 was with his mother when she passed away last Saturday afternoon from cancer.  Having survived two previous major health challenges in her life, she faced her latest diagnosis as one more fight to take on and win.  She fought this latest battle with the most incredible strength, endurance and courage.
Traits she has passed down to her wonderful son.

Some of us know from experience that the loss of one who is so loved changes you forever.  You think you won't get through it.  But you do.
Comfort eventually comes in recalling the happier memories and the legacy of love they leave behind with us.  

I am reminded of the experience a woman shared with me following the death of my father.  She said about her own father, "Not a day goes by that I don't think of him.  And it has been many, many years now."  I so needed to hear that, to know that I too would think of him every day.

In my heart I just know that will be my son-in-law's experience too.
And his wife's, my daughter.
And his sister's and his father's.
Not a day will go by when they won't still think of Kathy, her courage and strength, and all the love she gave to her family.








    

No comments:

Post a Comment