Friday, December 9, 2011

Game on..........

Ok, so that pretty much says it all.  That's what I'll be doing tomorrow - watching the Army Navy game.

As a teen, I used to cheer for whoever I thought had a nicer uniform.  Seriously.  Having attended Catholic School all my life, I was pretty partial to the color blue, so Navy was usually my choice.

But that all changed in 1998 when one of my nephews began attending the United States Military Academy at West Point.  Since then this annual rivalry has become very important to me.  Army is now, and always will be, my team of choice. And I'm lucky to have such an understanding son-in-law, a former Marine, who accepts and forgives me for it!

In fact, my girls gave me an Army football jersey last year for Christmas, which I will be donning first thing tomorrow morning.

No matter who wins it will be wonderful to see all the cadets, from both academies, cheering for their  respective teams and forgetting, if only for a few hours, what may lie ahead for them when they fulfill their commitments to our country.  May God Bless each and every one of them!

But tomorrow:


GO ARMY!  BEAT NAVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment