Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tip for a Tuesday....

What to wear?

After I gave birth to our third daughter and FINALLY finished dealing with morning sickness, I started thinking about the colors I was wearing in my choices of clothing.  I noticed on the days I wore bright reds,  vibrant greens or dazzling yellows, the girls seemed to notice and responded quite positively.  Truth to be told, I had a better outlook on the day myself while sporting bright colors.

So I kept up the practice as the girls were growing up.  When I returned to teaching, I noticed that even Third Graders were aware of my outfits and responded to my clothing, as well as accessories I would add.  I often made a point of wearing pins - little sayings, birds, Angels, Santa, etc.  The month of December often found me wearing red every day and sometimes a snowman vest, equipped with tiny bells which would jingle as I circled the classroom.

And now there are the grandchildren.  I babysat the girls last night.  As I sat down on the couch to hold Baby C, M immediately came over and inquired, "What's this?' concerning the snowman pin attached to my red pullover.  She fingered it many times as we watched tv together and smiled.

So I've decided to pull out the items I stashed away when I stopped teaching a few years ago and revive the tradition of dressing in bright colors.  With the dark days of Winter soon upon us, the timing is perfect. Fun not only for me but also for everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment