Thursday, December 29, 2011

In a quiet moment.....

 

Yesterday afternoon I held Baby C while her mother took a much needed nap, due to the fact that this little bundle of love sees no reason whatsoever to sleep.  At any time.  Especially during the night.

So while Miss M and an exhausted mother of two slumbered, I cuddled with this precious being.  She is one of the happiest babies I have ever known.  She gazes directly into your eyes as her face erupts into a giant smile.  And giggles!  I've discovered her ticklish spots and soaked up her laughter.  And she also loves to have her feet rubbed, and her back rubbed and have kisses smushed around her face and neck.

And I am so willing and happy to oblige.

Baby C and I snuggled and bounced and then she fell asleep on my chest.  I didn't dare move for fear of waking her.  And for nearly fifty minutes, I felt her breath rise and fall, and felt the tiny breeze emit from her tiny mouth.  And it was pure contentment.  For both of us.

As the song says, "These are the moments....".  I am so blessed, not only to have them, but to also recognize them as they occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment